Ensign's Warbird Experience
DEPARTS: KALAELOA AIRPORT (O‘AHU) —–/— DURATION: 30 MIN—–/—–AVAILABILITY: WEEKENDS
Take flight in a SNJ-5C! This authentic Warbird aircraft is the only one of its kind in use for air tours over O‘ahu. The thirty minute Ensign’s Sortie Flight is intended to familiarize you with the aircraft itself. Experience the mighty roar of the Warbird’s big radial engine mixed with the unique smell of Avgas and oil. This is a must-do for aviation enthusiasts and anyone looking for a unique way to view the beauty of O‘ahu from the air.
DEPARTURE TIME & LOCATION
- Located in West Oahu, in Kapolei (18 miles from Honolulu Airport)
- Flights depart from Kalaeloa Airport, also known as John Rodgers Field (JRF)
- Tours available daily, upon request
INCLUDED IN THIS EXPERIENCE
- Approximately 30 minutes of flight time in the U.S. Navy SNJ-5C – an authentic World War II aircraft
- Basic maneuvers
- Aerial views of Pearl Harbor and memorials
- Wheeler AAF
- Haleiwa Airfield where pilots scrambled during Pearl Harbor attack
- North Shore
- Era-appropriate flight suit to wear during flight
- Fully narrated tour
- Safety gear
- Complimentary camera / phone lanyard
- All taxes and fuel surcharges included
- Approximately a 30 min flight experience in total
- Only one seat per flight available
- Please check in 30 minutes prior to departure
- 72-hour cancellation or change of flight notice is required for all flights
- If weather or wind conditions preclude a safe flight, we will cancel and provide a full refund. The decision to cancel is the sole discretion of the pilot.
Pearl Harbor Warbirds is what’s on the radar! Pearl Harbor Warbirds takes you back in time giving you a chance to immerse yourself in history with an experience like no other.
View Jennifer's video of the experience here!
I can still feel my adrenaline pumping from the ride. It’s hard to imagine how it might have felt to pilot these planes during a real war on these beautiful pacific islands, but I’ve left the day with a better understanding of the attack and what it was like to be in the air in 1941.
View Juliana's video of the experience here!
My dad kept talking about the experience which genuinely expressed his aviation delight and with the whole event. We really appreciated your professionalism and warm demeanor during the entire flight. Thank you for offering such a warbird experience.
The aircraft is in immaculate condition - I dread to think how many hours you've put into its upkeep. I shall treasure the flight for years to come. My wife says the smile on my face after the flight was quite a sight, and I probably haven't lost it yet.
Thank you for the unforgettable experience and hospitality. It was the highlight of our trip to O‘ahu. From the minute we got to the airport, it was as if we stepped back in time. Your attention to detail is fantastic. Mahalo.
My father-in-law truly enjoyed himself and was visibly moved by the whole experience. He kept saying that it was one of the best experiences he's had and will remember for the rest of his life!
I am already trying to figure out a reason to get back to Hawai‘i for another ride.
I want to thank you again for an unforgettable experience. It was more than I could have asked for.