Admiral’s Warbird Adventure
DEPARTS: KALAELOA AIRPORT (O‘AHU) —–/—— DURATION: 2 HOURS —–/—– AVAILABILITY: DAILY
Experience an immersive two hour adventure that allows you to relive history as a Naval Aviator. You suit up in authentic WWII era flight gear, receive aviation equipment issue, survival training, and a pre-flight briefing. Then, hop into the cockpit of an SNJ-5C for a one hour flight around O‘ahu that follows some of the flight routes of the Japanese attackers. Fly over genuine battlefields as the thrill of flight melds with history in this unique return to WWII. This intense immersion into Naval Aviation will enhance even the most avid history enthusiast’s appreciation for this tumultuous period of the 20th Century.
DEPARTURE TIME & LOCATION
- Located in West Oahu, in Kapolei (18 miles from Honolulu Airport)
- Flights depart from Kalaeloa Airport, also known as John Rodgers Field (JRF)
- Tours available daily, upon request
INCLUDED IN THIS EXPERIENCE
- Approximately 50-60 minutes of flight time in the U.S. Navy SNJ-5C – an authentic World War II aircraft
- Debrief with the pilot
- Aerial views of Pearl Harbor and memorials
- O‘ahu Coasts
- All WW2 airfields of Oahu, Wheeler, Kāne‘ohe and Bellows airfields
- Fly the same routes Japanese pilots flew
- North Shore
- Diamond Head
- Punchbowl National Cemetery
- Historic overview of Pearl Harbor in custom WWII environment
- Fully narrated tour
- Safety Gear
- Complimentary camera / phone lanyard
- All taxes and fuel surcharges included
- Approximately a 2 hour experience in total: 45 minute – 1 hour pre-flight experience ending with a 50-60 minute reconnaissance flight
- Only one seat per flight available
- Please report for duty 45 minute – 1 hour prior to departure
- 72-hour cancellation or change of flight notice is required for all flights
Pearl Harbor Warbirds is what’s on the radar! Pearl Harbor Warbirds takes you back in time giving you a chance to immerse yourself in history with an experience like no other.
View Jennifer's video of the experience here!
I can still feel my adrenaline pumping from the ride. It’s hard to imagine how it might have felt to pilot these planes during a real war on these beautiful pacific islands, but I’ve left the day with a better understanding of the attack and what it was like to be in the air in 1941.
View Juliana's video of the experience here!
My dad kept talking about the experience which genuinely expressed his aviation delight and with the whole event. We really appreciated your professionalism and warm demeanor during the entire flight. Thank you for offering such a warbird experience.
The aircraft is in immaculate condition - I dread to think how many hours you've put into its upkeep. I shall treasure the flight for years to come. My wife says the smile on my face after the flight was quite a sight, and I probably haven't lost it yet.
Thank you for the unforgettable experience and hospitality. It was the highlight of our trip to O‘ahu. From the minute we got to the airport, it was as if we stepped back in time. Your attention to detail is fantastic. Mahalo.
My father-in-law truly enjoyed himself and was visibly moved by the whole experience. He kept saying that it was one of the best experiences he's had and will remember for the rest of his life!
I am already trying to figure out a reason to get back to Hawai‘i for another ride.
I want to thank you again for an unforgettable experience. It was more than I could have asked for.